Sunday, August 13, 2006

I'll watch, but ...

Check out CBS' info page about one if its new shows, "Jericho." Look closely at the picture on the left side of the page. What's wrong with it?

Don't get it? Read the first part of the show's description:
JERICHO is a drama about what happens when a nuclear mushroom cloud suddenly appears on the horizon, plunging the residents of a small, peaceful Kansas town into chaos, leaving them completely isolated and wondering if they're the only Americans left alive.


Now, look at that picture again. Get it? No? Here's a small clue:

YOU CANNOT SEE THE DAMN ROCKY MOUNTAINS FROM KANSAS!



Was that subtle enough for you?

The producers, in a video interview on the CBS Web site, say they were going for a sense of reality for this show. Well, then they should have done some homework. Or come to Kansas, stood on the freakin' border and looked with their own damn eyes.

Yes, I am a bit peeved about this ... does it show?

Still, the premise of the show is interesting. So I'll watch, and I'll grit my teeth whenever there's mountains on the horizon. Or whatever uneducated bunk or hick cliche shows up.

As long as there's not a girl named Dorothy with a dog named Toto, I'll give it a chance.

1 comment:

JunO said...

I think it's both (detached and ignorant). Hollywood types don't seem to care much about the parts of country outside of La La Land and New York. Unless they can exploit something. I'm sure we'll be seeing lots of "very special movie events" on Katrina before long. Once they're through jerking a few tears on the 9-11 anniversary.

Don't even get me started on "Smallville."