Saturday, July 05, 2008

Some updates

Did a little updating around here today. And everytime I try to change or add to my quotes of the day, the code gets screwed up. I messed around with it for a couple hours this afternoon, and couldn't figure it out, so for now, it's going to stay blank. If any of you know anything about javascript feel free to take a look at the source code and tell me where I screwed up, cause I sure as hell can't see it.

I added a blogroll to the right-hand column, too. There's some I like to read for health information and various tips and tricks about life and work. Karen is a former co-worker/friend who recently quit the newspaper to follow her own path (go, Karen!) ... oh, and she's marrying that Erik guy in the title of their blog. And then there's my mom's travel blog. She only posts when she's on the road, and that won't be for awhile, but you can catch up on her past couple of trips.

Kriss Carr did the documentary "Crazy Sexy Cancer," in which she takes you along on her journey after finding out she has an incurable form of cancer. It aired on TLC and is available on DVD. You should check it out, if you haven't seen it. Diablo Cody is the Oscar-winning writer of the movie "Juno" (which one of these days, I'll get around to commenting on). Her blog just rocks. Julia Sweeney you might remember from "Saturday Night Live" some years back. She's got some new and different projects. And she had cancer, too.

Then there's a few journalism blogs I like to read (although they're somewhat depressing these days). Most are about copy editing. Best among them are Common Sense Journalism, Blogslot and You Don't Say (I worship John McIntyre). Then there's also a couple of colleagues I keep in touch with. Scott Aust is a contributor to the Rapid City Journal's Mount Blogmore, and Down the Road is Joy Leiker's blog of her coverage area for the Muncie, Ind., newspaper.

Anyway, that's the updates. Hope to get those quotes working again before long.

No comments: