Saturday, July 12, 2008

A nice end to the day

Man, I'm stuffed. Mom & I are back from having dinner at Stroud's, not too far from the campground. They're known for their pan-fried chicken, and man, was it good. I ate way too much, though, and feel like I can't move.

The afternoon was pretty rainy, so we kind of waited it out until about 3:30, then went to Botanica, which has about two dozen different gardens. It was really pretty amazing. They didn't have their fountains going because Wichita is having some kind of water problem, but the grounds are really beautiful. They seem to really like lantana, which Mom does too. She has several in the front garden at home along the sidewalk. It was neat to pick up some ideas of what else I could plant at home, too. We got rained on a bit, but it also was nice and cool to stroll the gardens.

We'll head home sometime in the morning. It's been a nice break from the routine.

No comments: