Saturday, April 28, 2007

It's a beautiful day

Too bad I have to go to work later. Sigh.

Oh well, I'll enjoy a nice, peaceful morning. Hung out some laundry I'd thrown in the washer last night and heard the geese down at the creek. I tiptoed up to the fence for a look, and they have goslings! I think there were five of them. And last night, while walking Nipper over a bridge south of my house, I saw a mallard hen with about a dozen ducklings swimming along with her! I don't know if she was "our" duck, but I haven't seen many ducks along our part of the creek.

So now I'm doing another load of laundry and fixing some breakfast. I don't normally eat much for breakfast, but for some reason today scrambled eggs sounds good. Then a walk with Nipper is on the agenda later on, and then off to work after lunch.

I'm off Sunday, but back to work Monday, since we have a big meeing planned. I'm taking Thursday and Friday for my comp days off for today and last Saturday, when I was at the state press association convention, so at least I've got that to look forward too. Nothing big planned. Probably get a haircut for me, a nail trim for Nipper at the new "dog salon" here, and I probably should get him to the vet for his annual visit.

That's my exciting day.

No comments: