Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Awesome steak fingers



This was dinner tonight. I followed the recipe from Something Edible. The breading was wonderfully crispy and seasoning the meat rather than the breading really makes them flavorful.

I added some country gravy (from a packet; sorry, Something Edible), but I added some honey to it to give it just a little sweetness. Why? Because when I was a kid, there was a restaurant in my hometown (Oriental American for those of you familiar with P-burg) whose steak fingers I loved (I wasn't into Chinese food as a kid). But really, it was the gravy they served with the steak fingers that made it so good. I think I got pretty close. The restaurant also served them with mashed potatoes, which would be great, but I went with french fries tonight since I had them and they were quick and easy.

No comments: