Sunday, November 20, 2011

Back on the juice

Ooh, look, two blog posts in one day!

I haven't juiced for awhile, and after and long and tiring walk with Buster, decided it was a good time to get back into it.

So here's today's offering.

There's one each of a granny smith apple, cucumber, celery stalk and a carrot from a friend's garden; a quarter of a small watermelon also from a friend's garden (seeds removed and saved); a small piece of ginger; and the leaves from a couple stalks of kale.

All that turned into this:


This is what's left:

I've read tips that you can put the pulp through the juicer and get a little more juice out of it, but what I get is just fine. I put this out in my compost bin.

This batch, I can really taste the watermelon, and there really wasn't that much of it, but it was awful juicy, obviously, compared to the other ingredients. Could've used a little more ginger, but it was good.

No comments: