Sunday, September 06, 2009

One last time

Yesterday, I was working away at the paper, putting Sunday's paper together when our press foreman walked by. We chatted for a minute and then he said "it's your last Saturday working with us."

Wham.

I hadn't realized it until he said that. The next Saturday I work, there will be no mailroom manager hanging over us wanting to know when the press will run. When I'm done, I'm done. No rumbling of the press rolling late at night.

It really hit me this morning, of all times, as I was on my way into town to work at the mall for the day. I don't know why, but it did, so my day got off to kind of a downer start.

And then the work day ended with some punk-ass-emo-skateboard kids trying to give me a hard time. I guess they think they're pretty important and that I should care what they think. Guess what? They're wrong.

Other than Designstar and Mad Men, that's my day. Exciting stuff, huh?

No comments: