Saturday, March 15, 2008

Springing

Things are just springing up all over. I was out on the hill cleaning up flower beds this afternoon, and discovered the lamb's ears are sprouting. Hope they get along well before the grass does! My mini-irises are real pretty, there's daffodils with flower buds, hyacinths are sprouting ...

I've gotten a lot done today:
• made a batch of biscuits (I just wanted a drop biscuit or two for breakfast, but since I was too sleepy to read the ingredients list properly, I ended up with more than a dozen);
• cleaned up the kitchen, and got the dishes that need hand-washing done;
• took the recycling to the recycling center;
• cleaned up the garage and threw out a bunch of junk;
• put some other junk by my car so I can load it up Monday and take a trip to the county e-recycling center and the household hazardous waste site;
• painted an old popcorn tin to use as a container for all Buster's toys (that one's for you, Mom!);
• started a project to recycle my old cassette holder into something to help organize my computer desk area (more on that in a future post);
• cleaned up the aforementioned flower bed;
• put some chicken in the slow-cooker for shredding later this evening (and maybe some nachos tonight!).

That's it for the time being. Just taking a break before I take Buster for a walk and some playtime. I think he's liked being outside all day, but he's not happy he's not getting all my attention. When I sat down to start cleaning up the flower bed, he planted himself right in my lap for some affection!

Buster has been using his dog door when I'm not home, by the way. I found that out for sure this week when I came home on Tuesday. After I changed my clothes, I was about to sit on the bed to put my shoes on when I noticed the bed was covered with dead, dried up grass! "I wonder how that got here," I said, looking at Buster. He kind of ducked his head for a moment. And then I noticed that there was grass not only on the bed but at the foot of the bed ... across the bedroom floor out into the living room ... through the kitchen and dining area ... all the way to the dog door! I just had to laugh, really.

1 comment:

Jim said...

That's cool that you have an e-recycling center there. I have to wait for an annual "waste recycle days" up in Albuquerque to get rid of my old electronic junk, and I keep missing them because of work (hopefully not this year though, the shed is getting full!)