Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Almost summer

It's the evening before the first day of summer, and although it was a hot one today, it's right nice out now. The sky is darkening, the fireflies are rising, cicadas buzzing and robins and mourning doves singing their final songs of the day as a breeze rustles the tree leaves.

We are, however, without water, as a water main down the street that is being worked on was broken or burst.

This last week, we have been tracking our radio-listening habits for Arbitron. Since I worked in radio about a decade or so ago, I am kind of aware of how much I do or don't listen to the radio. Mostly I listen to just one or two, and once in awhile I'll tune in to the station I worked for, when I can get it in the car or on the Net. Actually, working in the biz ruined me for listening to music, period, for about three years. So much so that my "21st century" playlist on my iPod is the shortest. I don't know who half the artists are now. Makes me feel old.

Not much else is going on, really. It's been pretty quiet. I still miss Nipper, but Mom and I can laugh about our memories now. I miss having a dog around, but I'm not sure the time is right just yet.

Well, the bugs are starting to gather round the glow of the laptop, so I guess I'll finish up and go sit in the backyard for awhile and watch the fireflies and the bats. It's too nice out not to enjoy it.

No comments: