Monday, December 12, 2011

Looking for ideas

So I tried making these mason jar corndogs. They're actually pretty good — convenient for lunches, takes only about a minute and a half in the microwave to heat up, slides right out of the jar just fine.

The only problem I have with them is the cornbread-to-hotdog ratio is out of proportion! Way too much corn for the dog, in other words. So I need something more narrow than the 8-oz mason jars I used to make them in. Doesn't have to be taller, just narrower so there's not so much cornbread around the dog. Needs to be able to go from oven to freezer to microwave. Dishwasher safe a plus but not required.

If you have any ideas, leave them in the comments. Links would be appreciated!

6 comments:

Jim said...

Don't know if they'd be microwave safe but what about those tall and narrow glass jars that things like olives sometimes come in?

JunO said...

That's an idea! Too bad I don't like olives ... But maybe I can find something similar.

Emily said...

I like green olives (not black).

Emily said...

I like green olives (not black)!

Patrick said...

http://www.porterbottle.com/OliveJar.htm

Buy them by the dozen for about 8 bucks. No olives needed.

Anonymous said...

Just put in two hot dog halves? A whole hot dog seems like a more reasonable lunch serving than half of one anyway.