Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A little side project

I've had this hanging basket thing for several years. Something I picked out after my grandmother on my mom's side (step-grandmother, really) died, but I've never really done much with it. I always thought it would make a neat planter.

So today, I cleaned up the copper basket and drilled a few holes in the bottom for drainage.





I stopped by Home Depot today and got this little geranium (98¢) and this little vinca vine ($2.98. I'm betting the Weather Channel label is about $2. Who knew the Weather Channel was selling plants?)



Then I put some broken pot pieces in the bottom to help with drainage, a little soil (from the four or five almost empty bags I found while cleaning the garage today), and the plants. Hung it up and placed it on the front porch.





And one other side project I got done this week: a pegboard in the laundry room next to the back door. Since this is the door I use most of the time, I thought it'd be nice to have a place to hang hats, my keys, Buster's leash and especially my bag I take to work, instead of just dropping it on the floor next to the computer table.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Diana would be pleased to see you putting the pot and stand to good use. Looks good.