Sunday, April 11, 2010

Compost bin part II

OK, I finally got around to doing more work on the compost bin.

I finished up putting the L-brackets on the other side, then got started on the door. I went ahead and temporarily put the right side and back together with screws, so I could see where the hinges would best be set for the doors.

I set the door on a block so that it'll be above the ground and therefore easier to open.



I marked the holes to drill for the hinges on the door piece.



On the side piece, I needed to add a couple blocks where the hinges go because it wasn't thick enough for the screws. Probably adds a little strength, too.




I neglected to plug in my drill when I worked on this last week, so the battery ran down today. So I'll have to finish putting it together another night. But here it is, in place in the back yard.




No comments: