Sunday, January 17, 2010

Keep working it

Whoo-hoo! I finally got around to putting new batteries in the scale, and after two months of not being able to weigh myself, found I am just 1 pound above the weight goal I'd set last fall and had hoped to reach by my birthday at the end of the year! That means I also just squeak by into the healthy BMI range for my weight. That's been the real goal.

But it makes me feel pretty good, and I've even set a new weight-loss goal to put me more firmly in the healthy BMI range. I know I can do it, too.

Really, all I have been doing is making sure I get yoga in at least three times a week (following the Yogamazing podcasts, walking and playing with Buster whenever I can, and maybe getting in some walking at the mall when I'm there working and it's slow. I've also cut down on the junk/fast food and watch my portions. I really think it's the yoga, though, that's made the difference. With the podcasts, I can mix up the routines enough that it's not boring, and I can focus on one body area or get in an all-around workout. It does wonders for the attitude, too.

I would like to get in a bit more cardio, though, so I'm going to make an effort to get on the exercise bike a couple times a week, too.

So, yay, me. 2010's off to a great start.

3 comments:

Mary said...

If my scale required batteries I would think it was an omen that they died right before the holidays. Good carma!

Jim said...

Good going! Wish I'd managed that, I lost most of my data when my PDA died so don't remember what my weight loss goal for 2009 actually was but I'm pretty sure I didn't make it :(

Emily said...

Wow wee, when you told me today, I was amazed AND it looks good on you kiddo too.